I am minutes away from turning 29. I thought that I should say something! Where I am at in my life is not where I thought I would be 12-15 years ago. I was not the type of girl that always had a boyfriend. I had a couple, but they weren't around long, I always found a reason to get rid of them. I didn't care. I was dead set on being a cardiologist. To be a cardiologist, I couldn't be married or be a mother. I thought that to focus on my career I didn't need those distractions. Then, what happens one day? I meet Jason. I just have to get married. Then of course the kids follow. I am in no way saying that if I could do things different that anything would be different, or I regret anything that I have done. I am saying that I have come to the realization that sometimes things don't go as planned and that is perfectly fine. Had I not met Jason, I would have never met the man that is absolutely perfect for me. I would have never had those three beautiful boys that call me mommy. As I get to the last 365 days of my 20's that have somehow slipped by so fast, I see that I could have never imagined the perfectly chaotic life that I have and LOVE.
So, my plan for my 29th year is to enjoy every second of it. I have no idea what it will bring, so I'm just gonna roll with it! I think that is going to be my plan for the rest of my life. Why worry about what didn't get done in my 20's, 30's, 40's etc? The only thing to do is to make sure that I raise some wonderful men! Make sure that all the people in my life know how much I love them and how appreciated they are. Some people say that the 20's are supposed to be the best years, I am making them the years that I used for my stepping stones to make all my years from here on out the best years ever!
Kathy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I heard that being 30 is supposed to be the best! So we have have quite a year ahead of us preparing for it:)
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!