Today was about showing patience and not being negative. I have to admit that I was very patient today. Everywhere I went there were horrible lines, and wait times. Maybe God threw those in so I would have to be patient? The not being negative part was easy. It happened to be a very pleasant day! I don't know if it was easy because Jason and I hardly ever fight and there was nothing to fight about today, or no reason to get mad, or we just realized that nothing is accomplished with being negative. He folded 6 or 7 loads of laundry and there were no bad words said at all. He knew that he had to fold laundry today, so he just did it, and I kept my mouth shut. If he didn't fold it, I would have folded it tomorrow, even though the rule is you wash it you fold it. I was also trying to not be negative with the kids. Just using the right tone accomplished this goal. Jake and Lucas were mad at Nicolas and Jake grabbed Nicolas' hand, but I just told Jacob why he can't do that to him, and everything was fine.
Tomorrow is to keep with the patience and not being negative, but add in an unexpected gesture as an act of kindness. This one may be difficult. We do things all the time to help each other, so we are a little lost in what to do. I'll figure something out, and I'm sure he will too. While we were reading tomorrow's dare we kinda looked at each other, and I know what he was thinking, why are we doing this. I was thinking the same thing. These first dares are for those who are in bad marriages I guess. They don't really pertain to us, but were doing them anyway. Later in the book, it gets into praying together and things like that, I do not believe that we have ever prayed together. I see where it would help us though. I have got Jason to agree to church! We are going to Grace now. I think that's the only reason I got him to agree. You can wear your blue jeans and it isn't til 5 p.m. Oh well it's a start! I'll keep everyone posted on what else happens...
Kathy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Keep up the good work!!
ReplyDelete