February 22, 2009

Fireproof

OK, so Jason and I watched Fireproof last night. I think that he didn't like it like I did, but he is a man! Our marriage has the usual stuff going on, nothing like what was going on in the movie, but it made us look at our marriage differently. It's hard to be like you were when you met after kids, bills and jobs are in the way. We are going tomorrow to buy The Love Dare. I think we are going to start Monday. I think that every married couple should at the very least watch the movie, then if you're up to it do the Love Dare. It's forty days of different things to do. I know on the first day you have to go all day without saying anything negative to the other person. After thinking about it for awhile, I realized that we both say things that are negative to each other, most of the time it's not meant that way, but we do it. We have absolutely nothing to lose by trying it, only a stronger relationship to gain. We'll then have the books for future reference if we get off track. I think that our kids deserve parents that have a strong relationship. I will keep y'all posted on what happens. I don't know yet if I'll post every day or once a week or what, but I will keep you updated!

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment