June 11, 2009

The most un-cool story of my life!!!

I have never had a broke bone in my whole 29 years. Until yesterday. I had to run into the Dollar store for a minute. If I knew for sure I would not have the cops called on me, I would have left the kids in the car, but I had to take them in! I got what I needed and was about to check out when they started the I wants. I told them they could have a soda. They were getting them out of the cooler when I asked them if they wanted a beef jerky. Lucas was not listening of course, so I was trying to show him. Jake had 2 sodas in his hands and tried to grab the jerky out of my hand. When he did, one of the sodas dropped and landed very hard, on my toe! I could not do anything. I wanted to scream and hit something. When I finally got to the car, it was okay, still hurt a little, but okay. It started swelling before I got home. Later last night when I looked at it, that toe and the one beside it, and half of my foot was purple! So I have taped my toes up. Jason has had broke toes before and said that is all the hospital would do. When there is no tape on them, my flip flops do not fit right! I do not know what I will do if I cannot wear flip flops anymore!
What tops everything off is all this happened on our way home from taking Nicolas to the doctor. When he woke up yesterday, his whole left eye was swollen shut. He acted like nothing was wrong, but I took him anyway. He had a mosquito bite on his eyebrow that caused his eye to swell. He always gets big red welts, but this has never happened. Since we live in Arkansas, he will be drugged up on allergy meds all summer! Hopefully he will gain some kind of immunity to mosquitoes.

Kathy

1 comment:

  1. Aww.sorry about your toe!! and poor little Nick-ee-poo!

    ReplyDelete