May 12, 2009

It has started...

Lucas notices girls now! He has always noticed the girls he is around, but not this time! We had to run in the store Friday afternoon before we picked Jake up from school. Since I drive a bus now, I can not park very close to the door, so we parked down one of the aisles. A car pulled in after us and parked right at the door...
Walking up towards the door, Lucas notices a little girl getting out of that car. The look on his face was priceless!
Lucas, "Mommy hurry up!"
Me, "OK, I'm coming."
We get in the store and the girl and her mother are still outside.
Lucas, "Mommy, did you see that girl?"
Me, "Yes."
Lucas, "I really like her hair cut." He meant he liked her hair, I don't know why he says that.
Me, "You did? Do you like girls with brown hair?"
Lucas, "Yes and with long hair, like that girl."
We do our shopping, then we end up on the meat aisle with them...
Lucas (whispering with his hand up to block one side of his mouth) "Mommy, there she is."
Me, "I know, I see her."
Lucas, "She is so pretty."
Me, "Yes Lucas she is pretty."

It wasn't a great conversation, but if you could have seen his face while he was telling me this! I was looking into a teenage boys face that had just seen what they thought was the most beautiful woman in the world. It was hilarious!

It is very weird too, Jacob has never said anything like that about girls, just different kids I guess!

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment