Ever think about how we are all wishing our lives away? We are all guilty of this, especially right now with the heat.
I wish it was October, when the weather is pleasant.
We get October, then November, then December, then January.
It's cold in January. I wish is was April, when the weather is pleasant.
It's summertime, you know we wished for this back in April, when we were tired of getting up in the mornings and running the kids to school, we wished for our break.
Kids have been out of school long enough, we wish school was back in so we can have time alone.
Before you know it, it's a year later. Where did that year just go? Oh, that's right, I wished it away.
It's not only wishing away unpleasant weather, I am guilty of just wishing the past two years away. And, it's almost over. I have 10 weeks left to go until my wish is complete.
Now, what do I do with the rest of my life? What am I going to do with the countless hours I used to spend doing homework?
I am going to be free! I do not want to fill that void with anything else. I do not mean I won't fill that time with my other responsibilities, that are not going anywhere, I just mean, I am not going to give myself anything else to do that I do not absolutely have to do. The thing I am most excited about is having my weekends free again. I will not have to say, sorry, I have to leave, I have homework to do. I won't have to tell my kids we can't do something on the weekend because I have homework. The thought of just taking off, without responsibility is very exciting!
But, I will probably spend some of that time wishing away parts of my life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Very True! I'll be so happy for you when your school is done, what an accomplishment! And yes, it will be time for you to sit back and relax (as much as we actually can with children)!
ReplyDelete