June 24, 2010

Continued

Ok, so apparently last week wasn't enough! I have the pleasure of hosting Bunco this week, which is fine, I do not mind one bit, when I'm not sunburned. We took the kids to the lake on Saturday and camped that night, then played all day Sunday. The boys had a blast. Even Nicolas, who I thought was scared of the water a little. At first, he tried to stay in shallow water, but couldn't when we decided we wanted to swim in the middle of the lake. This turned in to me or Jason holding him. Not much fun. Finally late in the day, he decided he didn't want help any more and wanted to swim by himself (with life jacket of course). He of course decides this right as we are getting on the boat to head to the marina! We plan on taking them back this weekend, so we shall see what happens.
Back to the story. I have to back up. On Wednesday of last week, while I am still recovering from that sunburn, I decide to wash clothes. I forget they are in there until much later. I go to put them in the dryer and the washing machine is full of water. I think I accidentally hit the knob and turned it off so I pull the knob so it will start. It starts, and I forget about it again. I go back later, there is water in it still. Guess what? My washing machine is broke! UGH! Oh well, like I care I can't wash clothes. I will just wait for Jason to get home and fix it. Thursday rolls around and we aren't really doing anything. I went to the bank and dollar General. We get home and it feels a little warm in the house. At first I think it is because I am hot because I've been outside and the door was open for awhile because my kids cannot just come inside, they have to hold the door wide open. Later, I notice it isn't cooling down like it should. I check the thermostat. It says it is 80 degrees in the house. Why is that high? I keep it on 68. As it gets later, it keeps getting warmer. I check the vents, they are blowing, but the air is warm. I decide to just turn it off. I try to go to bed, I did not sleep well. I got up early and called Middleton, because they just installed that unit the day Nicolas was born. They tell me they cannot come out until Monday. MONDAY?!?!?!? I call Jason and tell him what they say, he calls them and they say they will have someone out that day. I wait forever for someone to come. They finally get here at 4:45, when the temperature in my house has reached 96 degrees. It takes this guy no more than 5 minutes to fix it. The part he replaced can go out without warning. GREAT! He also said they can go out due to power surges and since my washing machine ceased working also, a power surge probably got them both.
Back to hosting Bunco. Since I have had all of this wonderful luck lately, my house has been severely neglected. So, I have been trying to clean my entire house in 2 days. It has been so much fun! I plan on having a good time tomorrow though. My kids will be spending the night at my mother in laws house and my husband isn't home, so I will have no worries at all tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment