Saturday we took Jacob and Lucas to see the Razorbacks play. It was an awesome game by the way, the Razorbacks scored in the first few seconds! Jacob has been before, but Lucas hadn't. We had a plan for the whole day, a week before the game. We were going to leave super early so we did not get into too much traffic. Since we would have time to kill, we were going to take the kids to the zoo for awhile and maybe the McDonald's across the street from the stadium. That was a good plan, except into the week, the news started talking about rain for Saturday. We didn't know what to do then. We didn't know if we should even try to bring the kids at all. I was not going to leave because they were getting wet! In the end, we decided to take them. We had to take Nicolas to my mother in laws that morning, of course, on the entire way, it was pouring! Jason and I left all the kids with her and ran to 5 different stores to find ponchos. Everyone was sold out! Finally found some, and picked the kids up. I realize that I have left my camera at home, so we have to go back to get it. It was fine, we had time. We finally get to the ramp on the freeway where traffic is stopped. We get close to the zoo and I have Jason let me and the boys out so we can go to the zoo while he parks the car. We get in the zoo at 3, and they close at 4:30. The kids had me running so they could see everything before we had to go. I pull out my camera and guess what? NO MEMORY CARD! I was only able to take 3 pictures, and now have no idea how to get them off the camera! We are finally walking up to go in the stadium. Everyone that knows Lucas, knows that he takes his time to look at everything. He was walking so slow. Everyone that came up behind us was just going around with no problems. Then some lady that looked she was from some ghetto, had to mouth off when she passed us. I mouthed back. She came at me, but just stared at me for a minute, and then says, "I was not trying to be rude, you did not have to be that way." I just stared back waiting for her to say something else, but she walked off. I seen that lady a few times after that, she would just stare at me. I don't know what the deal was. It was 5, the game started at 6, and we were right by the gate that she was going in, she was not going to miss anything. I was mad about that for awhile. On our way in, we bought the kids a hog nose and a little pom pom. Thank goodness that the people sitting in front of us and behind us were very nice. I cannot tell you how many times they got whacked in the head by Lucas swinging his pom pom! He was hilarious the entire game. The band was sitting in the section next to us, Lucas thought that was wonderful. Every time they played, he had to stand up and dance. After the game, the kids got to hang over the side and high five the players. Lucas did it, but was more worried about the band. After the last player came through, he took off to the band and yelled at them "You did wonderful. I really like you!" Of course some girls were eating that up! Even though there were a few mishaps at the start of our day, it was a great day to hang out with most of my boys. Even though I did not get a picture of Lucas' face when he went in there, I do not think I could ever forget the look! He asked me the other day, if I could take him to another Razorback game on Tuesday? I told him I would as soon as they started playing on Tuesdays!
Kathy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Im so glad you guys had fun. Yes, it is VERY stressful trying to get TO the game-I meant to warn you and warn you about the crowds and all. But its always worth it once you get to watch the game!
ReplyDelete