January 06, 2011

Christmas Update

I am happy to report that we actually got the MIL a good gift! It is one she will keep out and use, unlike past gifts that I never see around, but she claims she loves.
She asked for pajamas, house socks, and other stupid things. We asked her what her major wish was, and she said a new area rug.
This was scary! Her and I do not agree on decorations, at all! Her living room is a very dark maroon color. She has an ugly rock fireplace in there, and a dark couch, it is very dark in there. I took an area rug as my opportunity to put something in there that wasn't so dark, and something that maybe softened the square lines of all her furniture.
I searched for what I thought would be the perfect rug. Jason and I got into many fights, because I wanted to get her something completly different than the old lady rug she had, and he thought it would be best to stick to a similar style.
Finally, we ended up at JCPenney. I won the battle. I got to pick what I wanted her to have, and she loves it. . This is what we got her, in the ivory color. We also got it $100 off, which was fine by me! She loves it so much, that when my kids go over, she takes it up so they won't spill anything on it!

This Christmas, I scored!

2 comments:

  1. There is a link there between those two periods! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh-I like it! Good Job...you are the best daughter-in-law she's got;-) Good job!

    ReplyDelete