October 26, 2010

I am finished!!!

This post has been a long time coming! I have been finished with school for a week and two days now. I feel so much better now that I am done.
I thought that after I finished, I would have all this extra time, I don't! I do not have to worry about doing homework though, so I have been going to bed earlier, sleep is taking up all the extra time I thought I would have. I am fine with that though. Being finished with school and getting more sleep have both contributed to my new good mood. Monday I woke up at 5:00 a.m. and was actually in a good mood. Anyone that knows me, knows I do not get up until I absolutely have to!
So now I have an associates degree in accounting. I won't say that I will never use the degree, I do not know what the future holds, but I do not plan on using it anytime soon. I am perfectly content on doing the job I have had for the past 9 years! I still have a few more years until Nicolas goes to school, so I will just spend these years with him, and enjoy being able to go on field trips with the other two. I also have the business to take care of, but I am hiring my little sister, Kelsie, to help me so I can still do what I need to do, like go grocery shopping!
I just want to thank everyone who has supported me through all of this. You all know the situation with my family, so my friends (my real family!) have really helped me get through this. Every time I was in tears saying it would just be easier to quit, someone was there to encourage me to get through it. I may not have finished without them! You all know who you are, THANK YOU!!!

Kathy

1 comment:

  1. You know how proud I am of you Kathy! Even though I dont use my degree, its just nice to have it "in my back pocket," so to speak. You have given your boys such a great example...college is easy when you are 18, so if you can do it and manage an entire household at the same time, then our kids have no excuses;-)

    ReplyDelete